Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My 2012 Race Schedule

With 2011 coming to a close and only two planned races left in the year with the Richmond Marathon on November 12 and the Hot Chocolate 15k on December 3, I thought it was time to start planning out my 2012 race schedule. 

As of last week I officially joined local Tri Club Team Z, and I plan on doing a lot of my training with them in the off season, especially with my swimming. I will try and blog more about my experiences and training with them at a later time, but I mainly mention that I joined the team here because I will be incorporating a number of the races they do officially as a team in my schedule for 2012.

So without further ado (I know the anticipation is killing you) here is my tentative race schedule for 2012. I say tentative because I haven't actually signed up and paid for all these races yet and obviously it is possible things could change between now and when registration opens for some of them. The Half Ironman in HI is a done deal as is the Columbia Triathlon. Ironman Fl registration doesn't open till next month, but I have decided I want this to be my big race for the 2012 season. So here it is:

2012 Tentative Race Schedule 

- * National Marathon - March 17, 2012

- * Rumpus In Bumpass International Tri - April 14, 2012

- * Arlington Science Focus 5k - May 5, 2012

- High Cloud PeasantMan Triathlon - May 8, 2012(?)

- * Kinetic Half Tri - May 12, 2012

- Columbia Triathlon International Tri - May 20, 2012

- Ironman 70.3 Hawaii - June 2, 2012

- DC Triathlon - June 17, 2012

- The Diabolical Double (125 miles and 16,500 feet of climbing cycle event) - June 25, 2012

- U.P. Northwoods Tri (International) - July, 2012

- * Luray International Tri - August 18, 2012

- *  REV3 70.3 Cedar Point OH - September 9, 2012

- * Savageman Oly Tri - September 15, 2012

- Ironman Florida - November 5, 2012

*= Team Z Race

Some races like Peasantman which was the very first triathlon I ever did have not yet posted official race dates for 2012 so they remain really tentative till I know for sure what days they fall on. I also plan to enter the lottery for Kona this year and will shoot for a qualifying time at the 70.3 Hawaii race which is a Kona qualifier race, so who knows maybe I can add that one to the list later in the year :)

There you have it, my tentative race schedule for 2012. I hope to see all of you out there next year, and feel free to post in the comments section below what races you plan on doing in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is a lot of races!!! I was looking at doing Cedar Point since my parents only live an hour away. I coach gymnastics and I am waiting for our meet schedule to come out before I can plan my race schedule for next year. It's killing me.

    ReplyDelete